WE DID IT! 😀
We used this code to make our robot draw a straight line!
We recently has some problems with our infrared sensors, as well as out ping ultrasound sensor. So, we chose to not use the infrared. But, we couldn’t easily remove the ultrasound, so we improvised and put the new, working ultrasound on top of the old, broken one and reconnected the wire.
Last class, we thought our hardware or software went wrong BUT, after connecting another IR sensor, we found out that the left IR sensor was not working correctly. From now on, we’re basing all of our robot’s reading off of the right IR sensor. Sophia made the graph of the IR sensor values for the right side. When Karam and Andrea measured the values with a ruler, this helped us identify which wasn’t working correctly.
After two weeks, we are now getting back to working on our robots! Yay! 🙂
In the beginning of the class, about the first three weeks, we all learned programming on Processing and on Arduino. We made simple things like lines, to more advanced things like a circle where you take your cursor and click in the middle so it changes the color.